Get free online math tutoring by eTutorsZone
It’s never too late to catch up with what you have lost and prepare for what’s to come!
Research has shown that summer break has a negative impact on math and reading skills, among other subjects. An average student requires more than a month of additional instruction to cover up the losses incurred from the break. Previous studies also found that summer programs focusing on remedial, accelerated, or enriched learning had a positive impact on the knowledge and skills of participants. A few hours a week is all it takes to keep a student focused on academics or to help them master a difficult subject or skill they may have struggled with previously. Summer programs are especially important for young students in setting a foundation for continued success in years to come. We have succeeded in improving our students’ skills through our summer programs, and have mastered doing so in a way that is both a fun and enriching.
- Discrete mathematics
- Reading and comprehension
- Undivided attention
- Individually-targeted instructions
- Extensive targeted worksheets
- Comprehensive practice tests
- Constant feedback from teachers to parents about progress
Approaches to achieve the desired result:
- Rethink: Learning to look at problems from multiple perspectives.
- Visualize: Utilizing diagrams and imagery to analyze questions.
- Relate: Making key connections between different topics.
- Opposites: Thinking in reverse to solve by elimination.
- Failure: Learning from mistakes and applying lessons to future problems.
- Patience:Practicing in your weakest areas to train your mind.
- Produce: Applying techniques and practice to achieve results.